Historic Stanford Depot The original structure built in 1866 and replaced by the existing building in 1912. Used as a museum and community center with park and trail.
First train stop - May 17, 1866
Last train stop - July 8, 1987 More Information on Wikipedia
Lincoln County Courthouse Original courthouse on this site was in 1786. Records contained in this building date back in 1779, some written on sheepskin. The Fiscal Court room contains some of the finest portraits of Lincoln County judges.
Logan's Fort Logan's Fort set on a slight elevation about fifty yards west of the smaller spring at St. Asaph. The fort was 90 X 150 feet and was constructed of logs. Gates were located at each end and were raised and lowered by leather thongs. The main gate faced east. Logan's fort is currently in the process of being rebuilt. www.logansfort.org
Presbyterian Meeting House Built in 1788, this historic library was one of the first houses in Stanford. Originally served as first church in Kentucky, a home in the 1930's and then a library in 1965.
Father David Rice, the father of Presbyterianism in Kentucky, once preached here. Mary Todd Lincoln was a grandchild of one of the original charter members. This old meeting house is a historic treasure for all of Kentucky.
City of Stanford, Ky 305 East Main Street Stanford Kentucky 40484 Phone:606-365-4500